David Bowie who is born on January 8, 1947 in London, England is a famous Rock Singer. The age of David Bowie is # year old. The birth sign of David Bowie is Capricorn.
Personal Information of David Bowie
Social Link of David Bowie
David Bowie was a famous British pop singer, songwriter and actor. He started his career in 1962 performing locally and later joining various bands like King Bees, Lower Third and many which left him with unsuccessful start of his career. He then made a release of his self titled LP in 1967 under label Deram but his first successful career debut came with his second album ‘Space Oddity’ released in 1969 that reached at 17th Spot on UK album chart with gold certification from BPI. After that he never looked back and made further release of 25 studio albums with 9 Live and 49 Compilation albums mentioned below out of which he got 9 platinum, 11 gold and 8 silver certifications in UK making him world’s best selling musical artist.
• The Man Who Sold the World (1970) (Gold certified by BPI)
• Hunky Dory (1971) (ranked at no. 3 on UK Album chart with Platinum certification)
• The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (1972) (reached at 5th spot on UK Album Chart)
• Aladdin Sane (1973) (Gold certified by RIAA)
• Pin Ups (1973) (Gold certified by BPI)
• Diamond Dogs (1974) (peaked at no. 5 on US Billboard 200 album charts with Gold certification by RIAA)
• Young Americans (1975) (peaked #9 on Australian Album charts)
• Station to Station (1976) (Gold certified by BPI, MC and RIAA )
• Low (1977) (ranked at 11th spot on US Billboard 200 album chart)
• Heroes (1977) (reached #3 on UK Album Chart)
• Lodger (1979) (Gold certified by NVPI)
• Scary Monsters (1980) (platinum certified by BPI and MC)
• Let’s Dance (1983) (5x platinum certified by MC and reached #1 on both UK and Australian albums chart)
• Tonight (1984) (platinum certified by RIAA)
• Never Let Me Down (1987) (gold certified by BPI)
• Tin Machine (1989) (reached #3 on UK Albums Chart)
• Tin Machine II (1991) (got 23rd spot in UK)
• Black Tie White Noise (1993) (got #1 rank on UK Albums chart)
• Earthling (1997) (silver certification by BPI)
• Hours (1999) (silver certified by BPI)
• Heathen (2002) (peaked at 5th spot on UK albums chart)
• Reality (2003) (gold certified by RMNZ)
• The Next Day (2013) (reached a top spot #1 in various countries)
• Blackstar (2016) (Platinum certification with #1 position at almost all worlds musical albums chart)
His above albums together had sold over 140 million copies worldwide nevertheless with his singles also charting at top positions in various countries singles charts. He alongside also made his debut as actor landing for guest appearances in various series and films given below
• The Man Who Fell to Earth (1976)
• The Snowman (1982)
• The Hunger (1983)
• Labyrinth (1986)
• Dream On (1991)
• Zoolander (2001)
• The Prestige (2006)
• Bandslam (2008) with many more.
His acting career was also of great success. He also worked as painter and had the passion to collect art work of Henry Moore, Damein Hurst and Jean-Michel Basquiat. Unfortunately, he died of lung cancer at age 69 on 10th January, 2016 just two days after release of his platinum certified last album ‘Blackstar’ in Manhattan, New York, US.
He received in total 25 awards from his 63 nominations and recently received the 2016 BRITs Icon Award.
He was previously in marital relationship with Mary Angela Barnett from 1970 to 1980. He later got married again in 1992 with Iman getting divorced in 2016 before his death. He is father of two children one from his first marriage; Duncan and Alexandria “Lexi” Zahra Jones.
He dedicated a song “Everyone Says Hi” which assisted child victims of the war in Iraq in 2003 to the all-star War Child album ‘Hope’.
David was born on 8th January, 1947 in Brixton, London, England to Margaret Mary “Peggy” and Haywood Stenton “John” Jones. He completed his study from Stockwell Infants School till 6 and later joined Burnt Ash Junior School when he shifted to Bromley with his family. He attended school choir and found his passion in music further going for small performances in wedding and aniversaries with local Wolf club. He also attended Bromley Technical High School majoring in Art, music and design and started taking music lessons from local musician in 1961.
He performed with various renowned artists like Tina Turner, Mick Jagger, Iggy Pop, AI B. Sure!, Nine Inch Nails, Bing Crosby, Queen and Annie Lennox on different occasions.